The participation consists on a workshop with simple experiments that help to understand the innovative materials and techniques for the conservation of 20th century Cultural Heritage, especially in concrete, that we are developing in the University of Cádiz.
Different activities will be carried out during the course of this workshop:
- A) Experiments:
- Consolidation: How to turn sand into a compact material?
- Hydrophobicity: How to prevent water absorption inside concrete?
- Self-cleaning: How to clean concrete just by using sunlight?
- Repellence: Why do water droplets bounce on a concrete treated by UCA products?
- B) Awareness activities:
- Case studies: Which monuments are part of InnovaConcrete and why?
- Social studies: How to add value to concrete Heritage?
Contributions of this investigation
Knowledge about the application of nano-science and advanced materials for the conservation of Cultural Heritage.
Awareness raising about the importance of 20th century Cultural Heritage, focusing on the importance of concrete works.